Reserve a meeting room
General Meeting Room information
The Library has the Community Room, the Large Conference Room, two Group Study Rooms, two Teen Study Rooms, and a Computer Classroom available for public use. The rooms are available from 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday during winter hours (from the Tuesday after Labor Day to the Friday before Memorial Day). During summer hours, the library closes at 6:00 p.m. on Friday; meeting rooms close at 5:30 p.m. To request the use of a room, please complete a Room Request form at the links below, or call 406-657-8258.
Please keep in mind the following:
- Rooms may not be reserved more than three months in advance.
- Requests for rooms must be confirmed by library staff before a room may be considered to be reserved.
- Private events are prohibited and City Code prohibits alcoholic beverages in public buildings.
- Reserving a room and not using it without cancelling the reservation may result in restrictions on future reservations.
- All provisions may be waived for Library-sponsored, Library-related, City and County meetings and events.
- Rooms are not available on City holidays.
- The cost for using a room, if any, depends on the nature of the organization and the program or event being held.
- PARKING: Parking in the Library lot is enforced M-F from 8 am - 5 pm. More information about rates.
The Community Room, Garden and Butler's Pantry will be booked for one meeting at a time, dependent on availability. The room may be reserved for one date only; no multi-date or recurrent reservations are available.
A lectern, projector and screen are available at no additional charge to those using the Community room. All equipment must be operated by an adult.
Large Conference Room
The second floor Large Conference Room has a capacity of 15 people, and is available on any day the library is open, including Sundays. It is available between 10 a.m. and 8:45 p.m. Monday - Friday, and between 10 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Saturday. In summer, Friday hours are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Group Study Rooms
There are two Group Study Rooms on the second floor with a maximum capacity of 4 people. They are available on any day the library is open, including Sundays.They are available between 10 a.m. and 8:45 p.m. Monday-Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Saturday. In summer, Friday hours are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The rooms may be used on a first-come, first-served basis when not otherwise scheduled.
Teen Study Rooms
There are two Teen Study Rooms on the second floor with a maximum capacity of 4 people. Use of these rooms is limited to minors, by middle school and high school age users. They are available on any day the library is open, including Sundays.They are available between 9 a.m. and 8:45 p.m. Monday-Friday, and between 9 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Saturday. In summer, Friday hours are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.The rooms may be used on a first-come, first-served basis when not otherwise scheduled.
The second floor Computer Classroom has 12 PCs equipped with standard office software and internet. The classroom is used by staff facilitating classes for the public, but may also be available for use by other organizations, institutions or businesses between 10 a.m. and 8:45 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and between 9 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Saturday. In summer, Friday hours are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.Food and beverages are not permitted.
Submit a Meeting Room Reservation Request
- Request to reserve the Community Room, Computer Classroom or Large Conference Room
- Request to reserve a Group Study Room or Teen Study Room
For additional information on meeting room policy, see the Library Board Policy.