Happenings in Children's
We have a lot of things happening in the Children's area. Scroll down the page to find information on the program you're interested in, or call us at 657-8256.
22nd Annual Family Reading Program - Begins January 22nd
For more information and to register click here
Family Reading is designed to encourage families to develop the habit of reading aloud together. Studies have shown that children who are read aloud to have improved language skills and are more successful in school. During the program families will read together for 20 minutes a day for 20 days. Families completing the program will receive a book and be entered into a drawing for a special grand prize. An End of Program Event will also be held. For more information please call the Children's Services Desk at 657-8256.
Make and Take Valentine's Day Craft
Monday, February 14th
- All ages welcome
- No registration required
- All children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult
- Clean up starts at 4:45
Jr. Science- Incredible Journey
Thursday, February 14th
- 6-8 year olds
- From the mountaintops, to polar ice caps, to the deepest oceans you will find me! What could that possibly be?
- Come find out with our guest speaker Liz from the National Wildlife Federation!
- Stop by the Children's desk or call 406-657-8256 to register
READ to a Dog – Puppy Party!
Saturday, February 16th
In the Popular Materials area
- Join us for our 5th annual Puppy Party!
- We will celebrate five years of READ to a Dog and you will get to meet the dogs!
- Enjoy stories and make a puppy craft!
- We are also having a coloring contest. Pick up your color sheet or download here.
- Coloring sheets must be turned by 10 am on February 16th and you must be present to win.
- No registration is required.
Tween Explorer - Matisse Madness
Thursday, February 21st
- 6-8 year olds
- Let’s journey to France to explore the colorful world of Henri Matisse.
- We will craft our names into works of art inspired by this famous artist! Oui, oui!
- Stop by the Children's Desk or call 406-657-8256 to register!
Circus Variety Show Starring Patrick
Tuesday, February 26th
- Celebrate the end of Family Reading!
- Enjoy an evening of juggling, magic and escape art.
- This program will bring a smile to your face and is fun for the whole family.
Jr. Adventure - Mini Golf
Thursday, February 28th
4:00 - 5:00 pm
- It may be too cold to mini golf outside, but how fun would it be to play mini golf in the library?
- Come join us for a grand putting adventure!
- Please register your 6-8 year old in person at the Children’s Desk or call 406-657-8256.
Available now in the Children's Area!
Make learning and literacy development more exciting with VOX Books. VOX Books are physical books equipped with an audio player that narrates to children as they follow along.
- Hardcover book with full audio recording
- Headphone jack for individual learning and a built-in speaker
- Fully portable– the rechargeable battery allows up to 100 listens per charge and no Wi-Fi or data are required
- Easy set up– simply push a button to listen and read, from beginning to end