Notary Public Services
Appointment for Service
Billings Public Library offers free limited Notary Public services for the benefit of the residents of our community. Notary Public Service is by appointment only. To make an appointment please call the Library at 406-657-8258 or email email@example.com.
The following general guidelines will be followed in the provision of notary service:
- The Library does not charge a fee for Notary Public Services
- Notary Service is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis and is not available at all times.
- Notary Service is by appointment and is generally available Monday through Friday between 10am and 5pm.
- The requestor must provide the Notary with a valid form of photo identification, such as a current driver's license, military ID or passport.
- The library provides only basic Notary Public Services. The Library is not able to notarize more than 3 documents per person per visit.
- Montana Notaries Public are prohibited from making and certifying copies of public documents such as birth certificates, death certificates, marriage licenses, school transcripts, FBI fingerprint cards, and other official records that are issued by state or other government officials.
- The Library does not provide witnesses, and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or customers using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Notaries will not provide service if the requestor, document or circumstance of the request for Notary Public Service raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Notary Public may, at his / her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Public Service.